Tendering for final cleaning of a building is often a daunting task for commercial cleaning companies, cleaning services and for self-employed workers. Construction companies hire cleaning companies who can follow a strict schedule and provide a good job. There are different stages of cleaning and when preparing a tender for the final cleaning phase, the offer should be as detailed as possible. When completing the offer, it is important to inspect the workplace prior to bidding and to ask the contractor any questions you may have.
- Inspect the job site. You must establish the offer of a final cleaning of a construction project with precision, you must consider everything that is going to be cleaned. Ask the contractor questions about the details of what is expected, for example “Does the cleaning include the inside and outside of the windows?”
- Start writing the offer by including general information. Give the name of the cleaning company, address and contact information, as well as the name of the contractor, address and contact information. The date should also be included, as well as the title of the offer and the location of the work place.
- List the specific points that will be included, things like vacuuming all floors, cleaning all hard surface floors, removing dust, cleaning plumbing fixtures and removing any debris that is inside the structure.
- Make a list of other activities that are not customary for the cleaning company. Detailing the points of the offer will allow the contractors to understand your intention to complete these activities.
- Estimate your costs using one of two methods. Base the costs in square meters by charging a specific amount per square meter, or you can estimate the costs for the amount of time it will take to perform the cleaning, multiplied by an hourly rate.
- Add multiple expenses or upload them to the contractor. For example, you can charge a fee to cover cleaning products, cleaning equipment and rent any equipment you may need.
- Add all charges. Includes a total amount for the offer. Then sign the offer and give it to the contractor.